Grundfos Pump Overrunning

Hi Mogget

When you say 'spinning'... are you refering to the Grundfos pump thats on continous?

I will give the hairdryer a go, see if the pumps then stops!! Fingers crossed!!! :)

Sponsored Links
Hi Mogget

When you say 'spinning'... are you refering to the Grundfos pump thats on continous

Yes, although the bit that spins is hidden away inside the pump, so perhaps I could have phrased it better.

Mogget....youre not going to beleive this!!!! I had just gone upstairs to turn off the heating and water and to give your suggestion a try, and as soon as I had turned off the water and heating switches the pump actually stopped!!!

All day the blasted thing has been going, and all day Ive been on this site trying to get a solution to the problem, and I finally get one to try and the pump stops!!!! At last! fingers crossed it seems to be ok.....

Could this just be a glinch or do you think there is a hidden problem?

Again many thanks to both you and mike for your help - Nice to know there are people out there willing to give advice! :D

Fingers crossed it was a one off. If it does it again at least you've got an idea where to start looking.

Sponsored Links
Mogget....youre not going to beleive this!!!! I had just gone upstairs to turn off the heating and water and to give your suggestion a try, and as soon as I had turned off the water and heating switches the pump actually stopped!!!

:) These things do seem to have a mind of their own sometimes! Such is life - if it happens again, post to this thread and I'll get an email telling me. I tend to visit this site often when I'm doing DIY, and when I'm not DIYing less so.

Here's hoping that the problem doesn't re-occur.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back