Noisy Grundfos Pump

Powerpoint should say ground floor. Spirotrap is solid brass and doesn't leak. It doesn't need to be dismantled to clean it. Removes non magnetic particles as well as ferouse ones.

Sponsored Links
A flush is a good starting point. It is a common cause for noise and slow heat up. Did you take a water sample? Drain about 2 or 3 litres from a drain cock on the ground floor then take a sample in a tall glass. Sink an o ring in the glass. If you can't see it through the water you definitely need a flush, if you can you probably need one. Sounds silly but can be positive proof. This is called a turbidity test. Normally done with a calibrated tube but in a recession we need to improvise. You can get a test kit. Take a sample and send it off. They will analyse the sample and send the results. I would just flush and see, as a clean system is always a good thing. Have you removed the pump head and inspected it? May have some debris caught in it.

I'm waiting for the weather to warm up before I start tinkering so I'll take a sample on Monday and report back.
Thanks for your help.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back