Grundphos Home Booster Pump

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I have low water pressure in my home, my hot water and central heating are run from a Worcester Bosch 28cdi, before I spend lots of money on a new bathroom I want to get a hot water system in place which will give me copious amounts of hot water on demand to run a power shower in my new bathroom. I have thought about an unvented hot water cylinder in conjunction with a gravity fed cold water tank using a pump, but find this option would be rather noisy as the pump would be fitted above the shower in the loft space along with the hot water cylinder and cold water tank. I have been searching the internet and found this Grundphos Home Booster Pump, http://www.tcrwatering.co.uk/acatalog/GFosBoost.pdf

Could I use this pump in conjunction with say a megaflo unvented hot water system and if so would I get continious copius amounts of hot water at a power shower rate which would also not be affected by taps getting turned on downstairs. The pump would be situated downstairs in a utility room to keep noise to a minimum and the boiler would also be used to part heat the megaflo and heat the house.

I am asking for opinions and advice as I would be spending alot of money on this system £3,000 just on a booster pump and megaflo without installation so before I part with my hard earned cash I would want to be sure that I would be getting a great water system and copius amounts of hot water on demand, I live in a two bedroom house with one bathroom and I don't mind paying for what I get a decent hot water system.

I would appreciate help and advice thanks

David

Sponsored Links
The word copious is not a scientific term so I cannot say yes or no.

But that system would give 20 litres per min ute for 10 minutes if that wasteful practice is what you want.

I dont think your price is correct either as the home booseter is about £1000 and a 300 litre unvented about £800 depending on make etc.

Installation varies but for the plumbing aspects only perhaps £500-£700.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back