Guage for oil feed pipework?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I need to try and get hold of a guage for an oil feed pipe for a heating system but am struggling to find anything suitable while I know they are available as I've seen them before.

The guage is to measure the pressure from the pump as it's a below ground tank but the existing pumps (with guages) are too far away from the boiler room to keep an eye on and by the time an air bubble gets through and kills the pressure it's too late and the first I know of it at the moment is when the hot water goes off because they have auto cut-offs when the pressure drops below 1.5bar and the system gets an airlock whereas if I had a visible guage I could keep an eye on it as it's normally between 2.5-3bar.

We are in the process of computerising the entire system and getting alerts fitted to the control board to tell me when the boilers have shut off, but obviously I want to try and prevent that altogether and be a bit more proactive in trying to remedy things before the boilers do shut off.

It's just normal 15mm pipe as far as I'm aware so just some kind of inline guage would be ideal. The only thing I've been offered is a regulating guage from likes of plumb centre/pts which isn't what I want. I literally just want to fit a T with a guage on the top. Anyone know what I need or from where I can get one?

Cheers

K

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Nice one chaps. Just what I was thinking of.

Think I'll go with the part from BES, just need to find the associated fitting.

Thanks again.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back