Guardian Conservatory Roofs

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Have noticed a few questions/comments about these roofs and wonder if anyone can help on this one: we have a fairly large cons. with 'pea shape' and oblong shape 'sun-lounge'. The 'valley' between the two shapes was always a problem with our St Helens Glass-installed poly c roof, (as well as many other leaks, appearance, noise, etc), and we went for the (expensive) Guardian Roof system fitted by Phil Coppell Ltd. Initially very pleased, although puzzled that the 'valley tray' fitted for their system was installed with the sides of the 'tray' overlapping the tiles instead of, as you would logically expect, sitting below the tiles so that water could pour off the tiles into the valley, instead of the water pouring under the side pieces and potentially under the tiles. The boss of the company came at my insistence(Phil Coppell) and insisted the installation was correct, although couldn't explain why, as the only water flowing down the valley tray was the rain drops that landed on it. Now, guess what, after the current wind-driven rain, the roof is leaking! £8000 spent for a roof that still leaks! Does anyone have a Guardian Roof with valley(s) that could confirm whether their installation is the same as mine? Also, does anyone know who the manufacturers of the system are(PCL are only the UK agents and do not manufacture the components), so that I can check with them. I believe they may be an Irish outfit.

Sponsored Links
Would just like to say we used this company and were really impressed had various quotes but this company were very quick with getting us all the information we required and totally realistic with the pricing. We looked at a similar company and they were £800 more than conserve for the same system. The job was carried out to perfection over 2 days really impressed with the high standard of work. Do get a quote from this company if you are thinking of having your conservatory roof insulated. Highly recommended.

Sponsored Links
Woodball

Parent Company.
Try
Celuplast Guardian Roof,
Unit 52 Baldoyle Industrial Estate,
Dublin, 13.
Telephone 018326210.
Group Sales Director. Eamon Kearney.

See them on U tube.
Any valley gutter should be underneath roof covering, not on top.
Regards oldun

Have noticed a few questions/comments about these roofs and wonder if anyone can help on this one: we have a fairly large cons. with 'pea shape' and oblong shape 'sun-lounge'. The 'valley' between the two shapes was always a problem with our St Helens Glass-installed poly c roof, (as well as many other leaks, appearance, noise, etc), and we went for the (expensive) Guardian Roof system fitted by Phil Coppell Ltd. Initially very pleased, although puzzled that the 'valley tray' fitted for their system was installed with the sides of the 'tray' overlapping the tiles instead of, as you would logically expect, sitting below the tiles so that water could pour off the tiles into the valley, instead of the water pouring under the side pieces and potentially under the tiles. The boss of the company came at my insistence(Phil Coppell) and insisted the installation was correct, although couldn't explain why, as the only water flowing down the valley tray was the rain drops that landed on it. Now, guess what, after the current wind-driven rain, the roof is leaking! £8000 spent for a roof that still leaks! Does anyone have a Guardian Roof with valley(s) that could confirm whether their installation is the same as mine? Also, does anyone know who the manufacturers of the system are(PCL are only the UK agents and do not manufacture the components), so that I can check with them. I believe they may be an Irish outfit.

What a shame you didn't go back on line and point out that the roof leak was in fact a very minor repair and it was dealt with quickly and efficiently.

hi did you have any luck getting your roof fixed we have same problem

hi did you have any luck getting it fixed as we have similar problem we think

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back