Guess the total cost

Sponsored Links
£1million :LOL:
Austin_Powers_Mike_Myers_as_Dr_Evil.jpg

Sponsored Links
Thats bad, but i have known BG do less for more on several occasions. I dont want to speak out of turn, but i feel alot of the work they do is tat. They seem to sub so much out. I do a lot of jobs after BG has overpriced. Customers think they are the be all and end all cause they have there name. British Gash if you ask me.

Seriously this thread is aimed at the ones that keep challenging cost of supplying and installing heating systems.

This old lady, living on her own, arranged a visit from a BG sales person.
He stayed for 2 hours and bombarded her with his hard selling.
She was told that there was an offer on and that it ended that day, if she wanted to make a saving then she would have to sign up that day.
He was that persuasive she signed the forms.
All for the discounted price of £ 4500.00
He even offered 12 months free insurance and 2 year warranty on the boiler
It was only later she realised other quotes might have been cheaper, but as she explained to me I did not want to cause a fuss.

The work was given to a local subbie.

Now I have seen him advertising boiler and 7 rads supplied and installed for £2200.00 :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Now thats from one extreme to another.

We would have quoted £2300 + vat, and provided insurance backed workmanship warranty for 6 years.
Oh and the boiler manufacturers free 2 year warranty ;)

So those of you who keep moaning about what RGI charge, my advice is go to BG or any of the big players and ask for a discount price or better still ask the for labour only prices, see where you get too.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back