Gutter size

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I was just wondering if anyone could help.

I have to replace a damaged downpipe on my guttering, but am not sure what size it is. I know I could take it down and measure, but dont want to until i know i can replace it.

Its slightly smaller than the 68mm, possibly imperial as the house was built around late 1960's/early 70's. Circumference is roughly 9 5/8"

Thanks in advance for any help

Dom

Sponsored Links
sparkydom said:
Its slightly smaller than the 68mm, possibly imperial as the house was built around late 1960's/early 70's. Circumference is roughly 9 5/8"
Are you sure you have that right ?

68mm downpipe circumference is 8 1/2"

Should it be bigger than 68mm for 9 5/8" ?

Sponsored Links
Hi,

I was a little confused, beacause i had tried a 68mm bracket from b&q on the pipe, and it was loose. This is why i thought it might be imperial in size. In the end it turned out that the pipe was 68mm, made by osma.

I brought the osma bracket and it fitted fine. Not sure whether different manufacturers use slightly different sizes????

Anyway job done. Thanks for the help

Dom

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back