guttering keeps falling off

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
at the front of our house, i keep pushing it back on,

do you think best to seal it with plumbers putty or a spot of silicon?

thanks

Sponsored Links
the brackets should clip over the guttering
new brackets if they are broken

Yep as mentioned it the clips that go round the lip of the gutter. they can snap off with age and best replaced.

Sponsored Links
Do you mean the down pipe brackets? if so you can put a small screw to hold them together. Put in into the top half where the water doesn't run.

PS Give that garage door a lick of white paint. ;)

Andy

the garge is now white! and all new facias/windows etc

i have had a thought after talking to someone in the office, i think best idea might be to put some duct tape around the pipe as it keeps coming out of the 90 degree bend joint (before it goes down the side of the property) this should make the fitting tigher (i hope)

obviously gravity isnt helping matters thanks all!!

Tape will look horrible, just put a small screw through the joint as already suggested. This is the proper way.

i could put a screw in the side of it and im sure that would hold it - duct tape you would never see it as the joint is bigger than the pipe it self - would just make the joint tigher (thats the plan)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back