Gutters / Extendable Poles

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I want to be able to do a visual inspection of my gutters without going up on a ladder. Does anyone know if there is a product with an extendable pole that you can connect your mobile phone/video recorder so I can check the state of my gutters?

If not, is there some other product on the market to cope with this task (other than the traditional climb up a ladder?)

Many thanks

Sponsored Links
My thoughts started out with a drone but I was thinking if there is an extendable pole or some other piece of equipment/method (other than the traditional ladder scenario), which would be less expensive and possibly easier to use.

What about a extending tool handle like this
https://www.gardena.com/uk/products.../cs-telescopic-handle-210---390-cm/967319201/

They are designed to have tools slot into the end and then be screwed in place, you can see the insert on a tool here, maybe you could shape something to fit that or just tie a self-stick onto the end.

I know that Wolf Garten do something similar (with a different fixing system) and there may be others.

N.B. I have one of those telescopic Gardena poles and it is quite unwieldy and so I only use it when I have too.

Sponsored Links
The window cleaners are using longish poles now so they would work. I also saw a surveyer using a roach pole with a go pro on recently. A roach pole is a light weight fishing pole.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back