gym bar help

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hiya to all,

Ok im making a gymnastic bar an here is what i've bought:
(ideally would like to build it indoors but a reckon to complicated)

2 metpost in which will hold 75mm x 75mm x 1.8m wooden fence posts.
For the bar,im using a (1.8M x 40mm Dia) tree pole.

Can anyone help with regards to making it fit through the posts and what measurements /distance apart i use so its solid, or if theres other techniques to use for attaching the pole to them.
Only have a 32mm flat drill bit which was the biggest one they sold in BQ.
I no guys your telling me to take it back total wrong tool to use haha

Sponsored Links
your supports need to be no bigger even smaller than the crossbar dependant on span

try compressing a bit off 44x44 it will support several dozen kg
the same bit off wood will snap on a span of say 300mm with the same load

of course the frame has to support loads in several directions but a thinner structure with a bit off triangulation will serve you better than metposts and heavy timber

im only 8st i wont snap it lol an its more for strengh training not for what the pro's do on them.
oh well thanks for taking time to reply x

in general you can make it more athestically pleasing less bulky with a bit off triangulation and bracing

have you got a link to a commercial one so we can suggest the best way to make it practical inexpensive and pleasing to the eye :eek:

Sponsored Links
1.8m seems a little on the short side.? My ten year old foster child can reach to 2m's and you need to be off the floor to use?

ayesha17";p="2493244 said:
Hiya to all,
job complete ! thanks to the couple who took the time to give me a negative approach on the topic haha

nice one have you got any pictures of it?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back