HAD ME VAN KEYS KNICKED

Sponsored Links
Do yo have the serial number of the keys in your users manual or can you contact the place it was original sold from new? they should have a record.
Also contact an auto locksmith, some specialize in key transponding, so can replace your lost ones.

Any Vauxhall dealer, should be able to supply a new set of keys from either the vehicle registration number or the VIN plate. Be warned, they will charge a fortune to supply the keys though.

It's worth phoning your insurance co to ask (subject to excess and NCD)

Maybe whoever has the keys will be back for the van :cry:

When my old mum had her keys stolen, the home insurance co sent a locksmith round to change the front door lock :)

Sponsored Links
Maybe whoever has the keys will be back for the van :cry:

This was my first thought - i'd get on to your insurance company asap because if they nick your van using the keys and you haven't told your insurance company that your keys are missing - they might try and wriggle out of paying up.

Where were the keys stolen from? i.e. was it obvious to whoever stole the keys to which vehicle they belonged?

Depending where you are parked. Is it possible to box the van in with other vehicles or fit a wheel clamp to it and remove the battery.

Best of luck

Andy

i renewed my cashguard last week with HSBC for £29 this year. whilst chatting with the bloke on the phone he told me that as well as card cover my house and car keys are covered so say i lose the house keys they send a locksmith out to change the locks free, they put the wifes cards on for free and she is with lloyds
i forgot about this untill renewal so andy, long shot but do you have credit card cover?

I'm regarded as an alarm 'expert', on other forums, but not for Vaux. You have 3 sets of keys from the birth of the van. Two have obviously gone missing, before your ownership. Now you lost the third.

You can get a blank from ebay, and recode the immobiliser, if you had the corresponding part of the fob, which you don't.

You could contact the dealer or previous owners as displayed on the V5, to see if they have the missing master key, and the owner key.

Or the ECU needs to be replaced (not main ECU, alarm ECU), expensive, to recode a new key..as someone there has your key..

Although I haven't had my car keys nicked, I 'lost' them today. Well, I say lost, I know exactly where they are. They're in the general household waste container amongst tons of rubbish at my local Council tip :eek:
You're probably thinking stupid mare had them in her hand when she threw the rubbish in but no, they were in my pocket and part of the strap they were on was hanging out and I think one of the blinds or curtain tracks must've hooked onto the strap & pulled them out of my pocket.
I don't have a spare so had to leave the car there as the car key locksmith can't get there til tomorrow afternoon :cry: :cry:
It wasn't all bad though, one of the workers went beyond the call of duty for me and got into the container and rifled through all the rubbish with his bare hands but no luck. Kind of restores your faith in human kindness. Unfortunately, I didn't have any cash on me to give him so will give him some tomorrow when I pick the car up

Every car ive ever owned, if its only got one key iv'e immediately had a second key made as a backup. If there's no red key you can get round that as long as you have the broken radio key and it still transmits.

I think its tempting fate to walk round with only one key to a vehicle, considering the potential cost if you lose it.

this site is intersting to read

http://www.programyourkeys.com/Lost_Car_Keys_.html

Thanks for that link Lincs. I know that it's totally my own fault and, after owning the car for about 7 years, my luck was bound to run out eventually :oops:
Oh well, another lesson learnt the hard way :LOL:

Thanks for that link Lincs. I know that it's totally my own fault and, after owning the car for about 7 years, my luck was bound to run out eventually :oops:
Oh well, another lesson learnt the hard way :LOL:

I was visiting a mate in Wales several years ago and managed to snap my car key in the door lock. (spare key was at home). Called the AA out and they destroyed the door lock but recovered the broken part of the key. I did manage to get a key cut from the two parts and very luckily , it worked in the ignition so I was able to get home.

I saw a van parked with keys in the door outside my mothers house, some builders were working next door, I took keys out, walked up to the house door was open, I said 'who's van is that outside' builder says 'mine' I replied 'nearly was'nt' and through him the keys, he couldn't thank me enough, it was late and he was from Birminghham, he would have had a long walk back. :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Back