haier / rangemaster RDW6015fI bottom arm won't spin - FIXED!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

One of this common issues I know but it's driving me mad!

Dishwasher is about 3 years old and the bottom arm has stopped spinning.

what I know so far:-
-Pump is working as I can here it and top arm is spinning
-The lower arm is stainless steel and completely clear of debris. It has no leaks on it and it is spinning freely by hand.
-dishwasher is not in 1/2 load mode

What I need to know:-
-Is it possible for the pump not to be delivering enough pressure to spin it?
-Is it possible that the Single Level valve that is mentioned in the user manual circuit diagram, is broken and stuck closed?
-Is there supposed to be a rubber o-ring in the lower arm assembly where it meets the lower arm base that is attached to the tub itself?
-Anything else you think may stop me from screeming it?!

Thanks in advance all your help is always appreciated

Sponsored Links
Rangemaster dishwashers are rare visitors to the forum and technical information on them is a bit thin.
If the sprayarm is clear & rotates freely I would suspect a faulty diverter valve.

Hi zipper thanks for the reply. I know it is similar to many other models so I will do some research and find out. I think it's just a rebadged something or other.

In the mean time by diverted valve do you mean what I was describing as what would make the dishwasher only use the top layer when on half load? If so do you know if these are generally easy to sorce and replace?

Many thanks again

If unlucky you may find it is a re-badged Haier or another Chinese produced machine.
I am not sure what type of diverter valve they use to shuttle flow between top & bottom sprayarms.

Sponsored Links
Hi again it is intact a rebadged haier, so unlucky it appears I am.

It is extremely similar to this one
http://www.comet.co.uk/p/Integrated...CBE7-Integrated-Dishwashers-Dishdrawer/398893

I have taken the side panel off and traced what seems to be the diverter valve using the circuit diagram (pictures below)

I know it's only a crappy picture but is this part familiar to anyone?

Any Rough idea of cost and how easy it is to replace?

Thanks in advance as always

Sean

Despite previous reply (I get haiers or rubbish but it's what I am stuck with unfortunately) I gave it a bash, and voila repaired for 0 cost.

In case anyone comes over this thread with the same problem with either rangemaster or haier:-

1.Hoisted up a foot or so and removed base plate ( you will need to remove two screws holding down flood protection float switch) removed left hand side panel.

2.removed left hand plastic cover of front bottom of dishwasher (behind where the wooden base kick of unit would be)

3.Remove insulation panel that is behind this plastic cover by easing down and out the bottom of the machine. (bit tight)

4. Remove spring clip and pipe connected to the sump that is blocking access to the two screws on the single layer valve

5. Use access through side panel (had to use flexible screwdriver) front panel and base pannels removed to undo 4 screws holding valve in place.

6. Clean or replace valve ( for me it was just a clean and unnam as it had jammed open)

7. Reassemble And test

9. Got to pub and spend money saved !

I will try and upload pictures of the faulty valve later, again in case it helps someone else.

Thanks to those who replied to my earlier posts:)

Just a quick update again in case anyone else comes across this.

After 3 washes it happened again and the bottom arm stopped spinning (hadn't even touched the single layer half load button so not sure why) either way it appears it isn't just a clean up job and the valve would need replacing as once disassembled once again the flap had jammed open. However seen as I never use the half load option I decided to do what I considered in the first place and remove the flap off the valve (just a piece of plastic that clips right off) and so eradicate the problem completely. Once again working fine:)

FYI this time round I brought a right angled screwdriver kit (£6.99 at screw fix). This negated the need to remove the front and side access pannels to use the flexible shaft driver and ment the job took less than 45 minutes start to finish. An invaluable tool anyway so worth the purchase. I will upload pictures of the valve disassembled later.

Cheers

Thank you so much for posting this fix. I had exactly the same problem and followed your instructions and both arms are working again!

Thanks again!!! :)

Good to know it helped someone else. I like to give something back when I can as everyone on here is always so helpful.

I know haiers are supposed to be crap but it's done five years now so not doing too bad :) maybe I have just lucked out this time.

Worked for me too today. Bit fiddly but instructions were spot on (right angle screwdriver a must).
My valve flap hinges had worn away so discarded flap, hey presto all good now.
Cheers

Always satisfying when people come across this and it helps them out. The amount of times these sort of posts from others have helped me out in the past!

Great news mate, enjoy the beer money:)

Oh and crappy haier nearly done its 6th year with a family of 5, I know not a great brand but i'm chuffed it's lasted this long!

Have same problem. Unit now 10 years old! A record for hailer? Anyone got images of where to access the pump from in terms of exterior panels you need to remove? If I have a right angled screw driver can I remove with out pulling out dishwasher?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back