HALLOWEEN

I have bought the Mrs a wee Halloween present
A pair of crutchless knickers ,nothing sexual.
It is so she can hold her broomstick better

Ouch - she had best becareful of getting splinters, unless of course its like sandpaper, or wire wool down there. ;)

Sponsored Links
I love halloween when i scare granda roughcaster!!!!!! :D i am going out trick or treating but i think it will be my last year!

I'm ready for the little buggers who come knocking at my door tonight. I have a nice large bag of pepper sweets that I will share with them :evil:

My main concerns are:

1. The 'strangers' thing.

2. The idiots that think it'll be clever/funny to give the children something dangerous or that will cause stomach upset etc.

3. People who just don't want to get involved for whatever reason and are disturbed by callers.

4. Older people who may be in bed, may be scared of callers after dark.

I'm not keen on the whole 'knocking on doors - asking for treats' thing but my wife takes the young'un out with some of his pals and their mothers. They have a rule, if the house is decorated for Halloween then the kids are allowed to knock/call on the house, if the house isn't decorated, they're not allowed to call on it. Thus avoiding scaring/worrying/disturbing older householders, those without children that don't wish to get involved, etc etc. We have some decs up (for his benefit), and i'll no doubt be given a big bowl of sweets to hand out to callers whilst those two are out. As I say, I'm not keen on the idea but most of the kids know us/me (through the time I spend at the school), so I suppose I'm not really a 'stranger' but all the same, I understand the argument of 'Don't speak to/accept sweets from a stranger' and yet that all goes out the window one day a year. However, I don't want my hangups to get in the way of him enjoying his childhood so I bite my tongue and do as I'm told... once a year isn't too much to ask I suppose!

When we were kids, me and my pals used to go out doing 'Penny for the Guy' around Guy Fawkes so it'd be rather difficult for me to argue the 'begging' thing.

Regarding point 2 above, if the likes of think it's clever to give children something noxious as a joke/because they don't want to be called on, etc, Even though I'd be terrified of such hard cases, :rolleyes: I'm MORE than willing to have a little chat with them.

Sponsored Links
I'm ready for the little buggers who come knocking at my door tonight. I have a nice large bag of pepper sweets that I will share with them :evil:

I don't invite them, they are unwelcome callers 'threatening' me with trick or treat. I give THEM the trick - tasty peppered sweets :evil: :evil:

Toxic waste sweeties, all indivdually wrapped, anyone ever tried them?

Wotan

I don't invite them, they are unwelcome callers 'threatening' me with trick or treat. I give THEM the trick - tasty peppered sweets :evil: :evil:

Sure you do...then you go and hide in the shed when their dad comes round to rip your head off.
What's the weather like on fantasy island? :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

hate bloody trick or treat, shoulda stayed in america

just more the fact a have to move off me arse to answer door every 2 bloody minutes.

hate bloody trick or treat, shoulda stayed in america

just more the fact a have to move off me a**e to answer door every 2 bloody minutes.

Painting the gate in the afternoon of 31st October is also a good way to get your own back on them. When they complain you just say ' awfully sorry, but the painter DID put a sign on the gate, a previous trick or treater must have removed it' :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

I'd invite this one in for a trick... :eek:

f9ba9474.gif

just more the fact a have to move off me a**e to answer door every 2 bloody minutes.
Get yourself a camera HOGGY. We got one years ago. It's great for all those "Hello Sir, I'm not selling anything....", "Ah good day to ya Sir, would ya be wanting ya drive done?", "Come and join us, come and join us...." et al. They plug into a video recorder and/or the TV. When you're sat watching TV and there's a knock at the door all you need to do is flick over the TV, if you don't know the caller/aren't interested, flick the TV back and keep watching... or keep watching the caller... they hate it when they can see someone is home but they're being ignored! :D

http://www.diy.com/diy/jsp/bq/nav.j...ies<{9372188}/specificationsProductType=wired

Painting the gate in the afternoon of 31st October is also a good way to get your own back on them. When they complain you just say ' awfully sorry, but the painter DID put a sign on the gate, a previous trick or treater must have removed it'
Now that's just nasty.... but funny. ;)

Painting the gate in the afternoon of 31st October is also a good way to get your own back on them. When they complain you just say ' awfully sorry, but the painter DID put a sign on the gate, a previous trick or treater must have removed it'
Now that's just nasty.... but funny. ;)

I gave some little shit a peppered sweet which he put in his mouth and then threw at my window. I gave chase but he got away. Then when I got back home I noticed I had got white gloss paint from my newly painted gate on my new trousers :mad:

I'm not keen on the whole 'knocking on doors - asking for treats' thing
Same here, the problem is, it's no difference from door to door cold calling or these withheld numbers trying to sell such as cold calling and it's pestering people, I know they're kids but there's a time of place for that, don't get me wrong, I'm not anti-kids
my wife takes the young'un out with some of his pals and their mothers. They have a rule, if the house is decorated for Halloween then the kids are allowed to knock/call on the house, if the house isn't decorated, they're not allowed to call on it.
The problem I can see is, when the kids are older they will do it behind your back because you've shown them confident of knocking on people doors because if adults allow to do it why can't they as they will never understand why because its doesn't matter how much you tell them there's always one bad apple in the crowd, I know you mean well but I hope I'm wrong. IMO they should be knocking on friends doors only or have party instead.

Sponsored Links
Back