hallway lighting

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My hallway is a ground floor, half landing, first floor and one room on the top floor.I would like a light on the 1st floor, half landing and ground floor.
the switches would be one on wach floor. So four switches and three lights.
The plan is that the ground floor would be able to switch on all 3 lights on entry and be able to switch off all 3 lights on exit.
All 3 llights would also be opened and closed by the ist floor switch. So I think that is 2 way switching with a loop in for all 3 lights from the 1st switch?
I suppose i really need to provide a basic diagram but don't know what program is suitable to show a diagram on the forum.

Sponsored Links
My hallway is a ground floor, half landing, first floor and one room on the top floor.I would like a light on the 1st floor, half landing and ground floor.
the switches would be one on wach floor. So four switches and three lights.
The plan is that the ground floor would be able to switch on all 3 lights on entry and be able to switch off all 3 lights on exit.
All 3 llights would also be opened and closed by the ist floor switch. So I think that is 2 way switching with a loop in for all 3 lights from the 1st switch?
I suppose i really need to provide a basic diagram but don't know what program is suitable to show a diagram on the forum.

From your description it sounds like you need to view this part of the site:
//www.diynot.com/wiki/electrics:lighting:intermediate
To ensure all three lights work from any of the four switches you will need to the link the switch live from the first light to the second and then the third.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back