Halogen lights

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello fellow DIY'rs
I'm prepairing to install flush fitting halogen lights at home, after carefull thought i began to wonder how i will know if i'm going to over load the excisting wiring if i replace two regular bulbs with 4-6 halogen lights at 35 watts each, i know the transformers reduce the power needed but what about the amps or watts or anything else that might change. Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Power (watts) is the same on both sides of the equation.The voltage and current will change.
6 x 35W = 210W.Even with the transfomer losses this should only equate to about 1 amp on the mains (LV) side.Not a great deal more than if you were to fit 2 x 100W normal lamps. ;)

Thanks for the info, its not that i need somebody competant its just not allways a certanty your going to get a tradesman, as opposed to somebody who knows even less. Will give it a shot and stand on a rubber mat when i throw the switch :eek: Thanks for the speedy reply.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back