Halstead Ace Combi

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can anyone shed light on a niggling snag on a Halstead Ace.

When on hot water the boiler fires up OK and the water gets warm then the boiler cuts out and the water cools till the boiler fires up again and the whole process is repeated, constantly cycling on / off. The boiler has only started doing this recently.

On heating the problem does not exist.

I have changed the filter, checked the heat exchanger is clear (soft water area), checked the 11 milli amps on the thermistors and checked the flow rate is correct as per the advice of Halstead, infact all they suggest has been done.

I am now going down the path of changing the diaphram in the bypass valve before considering replacing the whole bypass valve.

Any ideas greatly appriciated

Sponsored Links
classic symtoms of poor heat transfer due to blocked ch side of plate. Did you take a water sample or remove plate and clean under tap?

Took off the whole heat exchanger off and cleaned it thoroughly, what a pain!! I am convinced the bypass valve is not moving to its full extent?

Sponsored Links
Took off the whole heat exchanger off and cleaned it thoroughly, what a pain!! I am convinced the bypass valve is not moving to its full extent?

the bypass would not cause the symtoms you describe. Check the ch flow pipe temp when you run the hot tap, the diverter valve may not be shutting off the htg fully.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back