Halstead Ace High Boiler Problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have the above mentioned boiler it is around 4 years old.

I have noticed that when the boiler is fired up with the heating on that if I turn the hot water tap on, the light to the heating turns straight off and the hot water light on. Is this normal?

Once I turn the tap off the boiler goes to stand by, then seconds later the heating kicks straight back in.

On occasions when this has happened, we have had no hot water and the power light flashes on and off???

What is happening? Is my boiler kapput? Please advise as I have a small baby so need my heating and hot water.

Thanks

Rachel

Sponsored Links
I have noticed that when the boiler is fired up with the heating on that if I turn the hot water tap on, the light to the heating turns straight off and the hot water light on. Is this normal?
Yes

Once I turn the tap off the boiler goes to stand by, then seconds later the heating kicks straight back in.
Fine
On occasions when this has happened, we have had no hot water and the power light flashes on and off???
It needs a service, is probably all

What is happening? Is my boiler kapput?
Not really, just needs maintenance, probably its first??

Please advise as I have a small baby so need my heating and hot water.
Babies don't notice, just stick another woolly on it!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back