Halstead Ace High Problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Hope somebody can help have a problem with the Halstead Ace High just recently we had the circuit board replaced as the HW and CH were intermittantly coming on or not ... now no problem with the CH but if we turn the HW on anywhere in the house the boiler will fire up and run for about 30 seconds then it will cut out for about 15 seconds before firing up again this will happen over and over!

So basically this makes for an interesting shower as the water goes hot cold hot cold hot cold etc etc.

The only time I have managed to keep it going is by turning the front dial for hot water all the way round to the left this means that it stays on sometimes but is warm rather than hot.

Local plumbers baffled by this so hope somebody can help ... Please !

Sponsored Links
Not too familiar with this boiler but sounds like the plate heat exchanger getting blocked (im assuming its got one!!!!!)

Hi,
Local plumbers baffled by this so hope somebody can help ... Please !

I dont know who the local "plumbers" were but this is a very common fault which any boiler engineer and many plumbers would immediately recognise!

Tony

Sponsored Links
Just saying "venturi" implies to me that you are encouraging a DIYer to start fiddling with it!

The venturi should normally only be worked on by a compentent boiler engineer.

Tony

and it it can't created the fault described. :rolleyes:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back