halstead boiler........any good?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
HALSTEAD ACE HIGH COMBO BOILER not top of the range i know but i have a chance of one at 300.00. Are they decent boilers or should i steer clear?

Sponsored Links
Just check - they do do a condensing version with a very similar name.

Sponsored Links
They do cost alot

but as a breakdown engineer I rarley come across any halsteads (the ones I do are a pain to fault find)

so they must be ok

maybe you dont see them because they are not very popular boilers and in affluent Surrey they mostly have Worcesters and Vaillants?

Tony

but as a breakdown engineer I rarley come across any halsteads (the ones I do are a pain to fault find)

Halsteads are no worse than any other gas appliance (boiler) but their spare parts are A FORTUNE!

A water section repair kit is thirty quid trade from Halstead, and a fiver from Ariston.

Good job the same diaphragm fits both.

David

Agile said:
maybe you dont see them because they are not very popular boilers and in affluent Surrey they mostly have Worcesters and Vaillants?

Tony

mmm dont really get you tony, I mainly do housing assco propertys and I can tell you that they are far from affluent

Also I service loads of of them year on year, and they just seem to go on and on, so you are wrong surrey has plenty of halsteads etc

Please dont get hung up that surrey is all affluent as it not, we have hugely wealthy people and really hard up people like everyone else.

Our wealthy are not as wealthy as yours and our poor are not so poor.

There are loads of halsteads here, and as you say they don't often need parts but when they do..... :eek: :oops: :!:

OK then, I must have got the wrong impression from Chris then about Surrey.

I am sure I am right about leafy Sussex though. The roads are totally jammed up by the 4 x 4s at the school run times each day.

That must be why Vaillant base themselves south of the river to be close to their major customer base.

North London is all the cheapos, Ariston, Biasi and Ravenheats !

Tony

Again agile I am sorry but I service more biasi's and ravenheats than I do Vaillants

I think the boiler I work on the most are prima's, profiles and the luvverly old neataheat

maybe surrey has loads of cash but it dont like spending it :)

And Paul you are right halstead bits are dear and seem to take ages to get.

But what are you going to do, I like the halstead finest gold, dream to work on, loads of space

Ravenheats are great and so are biasi's you can at least trust the isolators on the mains water and flow and return to work without peeing water every!!

Remember boys this aint a job its a ****ing adventure :):):):):)

"""I think the boiler I work on the most are prima's, profiles and the luvverly old neataheat

maybe surrey has loads of cash but it dont like spending it """

How did you know that Chris in Surrey still has his old Netaheat even though the mercury switch takes 55 sec to get the main burner on?

Tony

I think the boiler I work on the most are prima's, profiles and the luvverly old neataheat

So you really should be using my services then ...

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back