halstead boiler........any good?

Ok Ok you win

your great,your pcb's are great, you are the greatest thing to happen to boiler break downs ever

again I wish you luck

bye bye now

Sponsored Links
You have it completely wrong, it's nothing to do with winning, it's a matter of mental attitude

I don't do this to make money, I could malke a lot more as a consultant - if you have no faith in me, don't fly airbus , Do you understand the new regulatios which come in in July

You are not legally allowed to throw a pcb away ?

Of course, you could always take a step back and realise that you have got it wrong

I don't understand the objection.

I changed a baxi 105e pcb yeaterday for a new parts centre one, because it was quite cheap. All that was wrong was that the fan relay was failing.

I could have sent it to cet for a recon, but in this case parts centre were relatively cheap and I could fix boiler same day.

As a radio amateur and diy electronics enthusiast I could have changed the relay if I could obtain one of same values which fits the position on the board without looking like one of my diy amplifier creations.

The fault is that Baxi put a crappy little relay on the pcb if they used plug in fan relays we would be changing a £5 part.

Your car has relays that operate the headlights. If the manufacturers put all this stuff onto a pcb with the computer module that controls the engine management system, you would have to buy a whole computer module every time your headlight relay went sticky.

My point is your objection to repair of pcb's is unreasonable, and manufacturers of boilers lumping together of parts known to fail but cheap to replace in a single unit with parts expensive to change is the reason combi boilers are so costly to the environment. But they keep us in jobs so who are we to complain?

If they did that to us in cars there would be an uprising.

Cor blimey don't they go on?
I have nothing but bad things to say about Halstead. Pricey parts. Poor quality compared to others.
I once told the Halstead rep that because the boiler was called the "best" didn't mean it was.
He didn't see the funny side. ;)

Sponsored Links
I suspect he may have heard it before...
The bits are much the same as in many other boilers - fan, gas valve, water parts etc
How un-endearing though, the way that everything wants to hang in the wires once you've undone the front and underside access panel.
The grey plastic Finest front panel was surely a bad choice and the pcb's could be better too.
Much easier to work on than some though... nothing's hard. (Think cdi Diverter Valve!)
Decent tech help dept too.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back