halstead boiler lockout

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there,
I was wodering if there is anyone that could shed some light on to a problem I have with my halstead boiler.

When you turn the Hot water tap on or go to use the c/h ( boiler activated in burn mode ) the boiler ignites fine but will only run for about 30 seconds then cuts off with the red led flashing ignition lockout.

If I turn the mains off & re-set the whole system the boiler seems to go through a self test without any problems until I go to use either the h/w or put the c/h on & then the same happens again, the boiler seems to run for 30 seconds & then go into ignition lockout.

The whole system was brand new 5 years ago . I have had a couple of problems about a year ago with this bouiler but have sorted them out & been fine since. One of the problems was I had to re-solder the whole PC board as there were lots of dry joints. I also had to replace the HT ignition anode lead as this gone open circuit.

Anyway, back to the boiler. Can anyone help, why does it work perfect for about 30 seconds then go in to ignition lockout with the red LED flashing ?

Thanks. Terry

Sponsored Links
After the boiler has lit does the green LED (Burner On) light?

If so then sounds like a problem with the flame detection electrode/circuit.

Had same problem with my Halstead. It was the fan. Had this changed and a week later the PCB went.

Sponsored Links
Well Terry, it would help us to help you if you told us the model of your boiler.

It does seem to be either an overheating problem or an ignition/flame detection problem.

There is little point in guessing what it is in your case but the obvious first think to check is the pump is operating correctly and the system pressure is correct.

Combustions problems should normally be dealt with by a competent CORGI so I am unable to give you detailed advice but it might be associated with the fan/APS/venturi.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back