Halstead Boiler part question

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Ive got a Halstead ACE HE35 boiler. Last winter I had non stop issues with the hot water and heating when they were both on together and the hot water used to be cold. Over the summer Ive had the wireless thermostat switched off and no heating on what so ever and the boiler has been working a dream, piping hot water every time. Now i know when i come to need heating Im going to get the same issue resulting in cold water.

We tried to get it fixed last winter but no-one had a clue and the closest we came to fixing it was a plumber who took out what could have been some sort of flow switch and turned it upside down and the boiler worked ok for a while but of course he had to put it back in and the problem continued. We had the heat exchanger cleaned also but there hasnt been an issue over the summer with it heating the hot water so Im guessing this is not the problem.

Is the part Im describing the flow switch and could this be the culprit? The part was like a black plastic squarish thing with what could have a needle in it or something. I dont want to order the wrong part.

Sponsored Links
A straightforward problem with the diverter valve.

Sounds like you've had a bunch of numpties looking
at the boiler.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back