Halstead Boiler ( Wickes ) LW50ci

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Boiler is about 4 years old and , i understand , not made anymore .

I have an ignition lockout , tried to reset and the fan starts then locks out again .

Have changed the board to see if it was an electronics failure but that has made no difference .

Has anyone any idea what the problem might be , what needs to be changed , and how much it might / should cost

Thanks
Phildy

Sponsored Links
check the Fan venturis, Air pressure switch and the tubes going to this.

However this is a fairly involved operation and should not be taken lightly!

The boiler looks for the APS to switch once the fan has been started.

If the fan does not suck or blow this switch into the correct position then the ignition sequence will go no further and lock out.

Which board did you change?

I hope it was the red one on the gas valve :rolleyes: This is the ignition pcb. The other one behind the controls won't help this fault.

Change this if you didn't. Very common failure on these.

It is actually a Halsted boiler just badged as a wickes model.

Many Thanks for the responses.

By process of elimination on the basis that it was ignition fault we found a minute short between the wire and the casing , hence no spark .

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Hi, I know how to fix the lockout light problem on the wl50ci you can e-mail me and i will explain how to fix it.

Hi, I know how to fix the lockout light problem on the wl50ci you can e-mail me and i will explain how to fix it.

plumkev, I have this ignition lock out problem and would appreciate advice on how to fix it. Many thanks.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back