Halstead Eden CBX 32

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hoping someone can help.
We have inherited a Halstead boiler. So far so good with it, but I have noticed that the pressure guage reads just below 1 bar when in use, and drops down to 0.5 ish when idle. Shouldn't it be slightly higher than that? I have looked to increase the pressure slightly, but can't actually see any valves to enable me to do this. Can anyone give me some pointers?
Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
Hi. There is a filling loop but no lever to open it up. Could it be possible that we need to use an adjustable spanner to open and close the valve and they just havn't made it easy to do by installing a plastic one?

They might have braken off. Not always very robust.

Turn the valves with small spanner, grips, etc.

Sponsored Links
internal filling loop on these and yes a small spanner (8mm if i remember) is best to open the 2 valves = absolute pain in the aris to use !! good luck you need about 1.2 - 1.4 with system cold or 1.7 - 1.9 if hot.

Thanks very much for the info. Looks like it will be fun doing this!!!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back