Halstead eden x type VBX 18 fault

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hey all

I am new here but i am after some help i have got a halstead eden x type VBX 18, and i have got a fault on it, it is just outta warranty (typical) lol, and it currently reads a fault code upon turning on the boiler it flashes P --- 7 --- P----7, so on repeating like that, i have replaced the main curcuit board and that has not sured the problem, what are your thoughts all help is very much Apprieciated

Thanks in Advance Alex

Sponsored Links
p - error in power supply/no flame. check mains voltage, check pcb connectors.

7 - defective fan/no flame. Check fan
Check mains fan lead & connector
Check low voltage fan lead & connector
Check PCB/X3 connector

hey yeah i have checked all the things in the manual, what voltage reading should i get from the low voltage supply to the fan, there is power to the board there is also power to the fan, not sure on correct voltage to the fan curcuit board though,

Cheers Alex

All help much aprriciated

I really think that DIY repairs on a modern boiler like that are not a very good idea.

You have already paid for a new PCB which was probably well over £120 when its quite possible the fault is only a fairly small problem perhaps needing an adjustment or cheaper part. If I came out and found it only needed an ignition electrode thenin our local area it would be covered by our standard charge of £84 in the local area.

Tony

Sponsored Links
So do you reacon you would be able to have a look at it, and have you got the kit to look at it if so could you pm me your number so i could give you a ring

Cheers Alex

is there anything else i can check myself, regarding this fault as a new fan unit which is where the fault seams to be is £170, i dont want to order just yet if there is other things i can try first?

Cheers Alex

why don't you get someone in to look at it??? it also says there no flame. that could be gas valve, electrodes etc... not just the fan. also potentially harness and various other bits and bobs! Have you tried asking halstead? they might do a fix price repair.

I do actually have a full kit of service engineers parts for your model but you are not within our local area!

In any case you have already wasted the cost of a new PCB which is the start of your difficulty.

British Gas do a fixed price repair for something between about £99 and £210 depending on who tells you the cost on this forum. You have already spent over half of that charge on the new PCB !

It might still be something as simple as a wrongly adjusted electrode or a lack of continuity in the connecting leads.

Of the five or six of that model that I have been to, none have needed expensive parts to fix !

The boiler does have a fault memory log but to interrogate that you need an interface lead and the computer program.

Tony

I do actually have a full kit of service engineers parts for your model but you are not within our local area!

Thats about as good as asking for a pair of size 11 shoes and the assistant coming back and saying sorry , but we have a size 6 :eek:

hey all have fixed this problem now, i stripped the fan unit down and there was some buildup of dirt on the magnets so stripped down and cleaned up reassembled and is working fine now so all is good, cheers for help,

i also now have a curcuit board availiable for sale full working order contact me on here

cheers for help

Alex

That is a pretty unusual situation!

It would imply that there is magnetic dust being drawn into the boiler's air intake!

Have you been doing any angle grinding near the flue? Or did the installer use an angle grinder to cut the flue in situ ?

Unless you can remove the source of the magnetic dust its likely to reoccur!

Tony

Hey it wasnt a buildup of swarf it was rust a fine layer of it on the magnets, as i say unit has been installed for a far amount of time, and when installed was hand saw cut filed and cleaned,

Cheers Alex

I am not very impressed with halstead units at all in future dont think i would be using them, seam to deteriate very quickly,,

Its still very unusual and I would be looking for a particular cause.

That style of fan is used on many different boilers and thats the first I have heard of it.

Is there any reason why water or moisture might be entering the air inlet? Under a leaking or over flowing gutter for example?

Any leaking condensate connection inside the combustion chamber perhaps?

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back