Halstead Finest Gold Door fallen off!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Folks,

The drop down door/flap on my Halstead Gold Finest boiler has finally fallen off!
(It was attached via 2 punched out metal tags, i.e. in the bottom part of the casing).

I was wondering if it is possible to buy a spare 'lowering casing' part - so that I can re-attach the door? (and if so - where could I get one?)

Many thanks

Dave

Sponsored Links
Thats what you should expect when you buy a cheap boiler!

The parts like that are silly money.

With a little ingenuity it should be possible to repair it.

Tony

Hi Folks,

The drop down door/flap on my Halstead Gold Finest boiler has finally fallen off!

Just count yourself lucky you did not get their Cast Iron Nastiest model. :LOL:

Tony's advice is probably your best bet, I wouldn't waste any money on this boiler unless it was to make it work safely.
If you add any screws to place where there are none at the moment, make sure you don't perforate the combustion chamber or other essential parts.
If you can't live with the sight as it is, or you need to cover live wires, boxing in would not be a bad idea.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back