halstead finest gold safety lock out

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a halstead finest gold, fitted aprox 2.5 years ago however, for the past 2-3 months it keeps going into safety lock out for no apparent reason. there doesnt seem to be any obvious pattern or reason for this occuring. each and every time I have to turn the power off at the wall and back on to reset. any ideas??[/b]

Sponsored Links
I have a emstead 150, just 3 months old that needs a balance kit !

EH?

Maxeymoo - fan/ fan detection device dirty. COrgi job.

Sponsored Links
My boiler developed a fault. It would ignite then go off a couple of seconds later. After a few tries it would flash it's safety lockout LED.
I noticed that the ignition was continuing to make clicking sounds after the gas had ignited so I decided to investigate the flame detect electrode. The cable was fine so I pulled out the control board and started to trace where it led on the PCB. The very first component it led to R1 a 1 megohm resistor was open circuit. This was causing the boiler to think there was no flame. Job done for a component cost of about 10 pence !

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back