halsted ace boiler- power light flashing and no hot water or

Discussion in 'Plumbing and Central Heating' started by rcy, 21 Jan 2008.

1. rcy

rcy

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    hi,
    having a problem with my halsted- was ok this am- came home and was not on as per the timer- went to see and the power light LED green is flashing regularaly- looked also at pressure bar - zero- have no idea what to do...can anyone help??

2. rcy

rcy

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    PLEASE CAN ANYONE HELP???

3. Terrywookfit

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Pressurise system upto 1bar.

Reset boiler.

you may need to reset limit stat! (It lives under bottom panel at l/h side!

4. Rob

Rob

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    look here. item 6.
    When its refilled just hold the reset for 5 seconds

5. bengasman

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Once the boiler is going, it might be an idea to monitor the pressure and if it keeps falling, find out where the water goes.

6. rcy

rcy

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    THANKS ....will try my best and see if it works....

7. rcy

rcy

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    me again

look i know i'm going to sound really dumb (but i am not blonde!...altho i am only a gal)...when filling a sealed system...as indicated in ITEM 6...to fill it...do i turn ON the valve near the MAINS WATER AND THE 2ND VALVE AT THE OTHER END OF THE FLEXIBLE CONNNECTION AT THE SAME TIME....then when the press is just over 1 bar then switch both off...i presume what i am doing is letting in some water from the mains to the return heating pipes and hence to the boiler????

8. rcy

rcy

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    look i know i'm going to sound really dumb (but i am not blonde!...altho i am only a gal)...when filling a sealed system...as indicated in ITEM 6...to fill it...do i turn ON the valve near the MAINS WATER AND THE 2ND VALVE AT THE OTHER END OF THE FLEXIBLE CONNNECTION AT THE SAME TIME....then when the press is just over 1 bar then switch both off...i presume what i am doing is letting in some water from the mains to the return heating pipes and hence to the boiler????...and this RESET thing... :confused:

9. Trundles Tricks

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Yes

You can turn the valves on one at a time if there are two, you will hear the water going into the system, take it easy and then just turn the valves off one at a time (just the one initially will stop the water you will hear it stop)

Pressurise up to about 1 and a quarter bar, don't worry if you exceed this slightly as long as you don't start getting past 2 bar.

When doing this in the future always check guage reading when system is cold, and don't forget that when system warms up the pressure will increase because warm water expands.

A safety valve will blow off outside (hopefully if pipe connected) if the pressure approaches or exceeds 3 bar.

If your boiler overheated due to being empty before shutting down the safety switch may have triggered, If you look underneath the boiler at the front left hand side you will see a small round reddish switch press it in, if its popped out you will feel a definite click, if it hasn't you will feel a solid resistance straight away.

Turn boiler control switch all the way to reset and let go, it will spring back and Bob's your uncle (unless you have fatally damaged your boiler by letting it run dry) in which case call out one of the boiler surgeons on here to repair.

10. rcy

rcy

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    THANK YOU xxx

11. mattsparky1

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    i have just encounted this problem checked flow switch, flame probe etc
    lastly i checked pump this had stopped rotating and is the route of my problem hope this may help someone in the future

12. Agile

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Matt, your fault has no relevance at all to what the OP has described.

Furthermore, for your first post you have chosen to add to a thread which is three years old!

13. mattsparky1

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    apologizes Agile, when i originally posted a search ( before becoming a member)for flash green power light on halstead boiler this link came at the top. Someone else may have the same problem as myself and could save them some hassle even though the link is old its not out of date its hard work trying to be helpful. No wonder i never join chat rooms!!!!