Handbrake on fiesta

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi I changed the oil today on 1.3 fiesta, with the car on ramps. When negotiating the car ramps, when I stopped halfway up the ramps (for fear of flying off the end of them!) and hit the brakes, I put the handbrake on. However after taking my foot off the brake pedal the car started to roll back down the ramps despite the handbrake on. Is this a potential handbrake failure? Please advise

Sponsored Links
Hi I changed the oil today on 1.3 fiesta, with the car on ramps. When negotiating the car ramps, when I stopped halfway up the ramps (for fear of flying off the end of them!) and hit the brakes, I put the handbrake on. However after taking my foot off the brake pedal the car started to roll back down the ramps despite the handbrake on. Is this a potential handbrake failure? Please advise
Hi mate it may just be the rear shoes may need adjusting as may the handbrake cable itself. The rear shoes are supposed to be self adjusting but the adjusters dont always work. Also have you had the rear brakes checked lately the linings may be worn to their limit cheers ian

Sponsored Links
Back