Hanging roof tiles on wall

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a small section of the wall where I need to fix hanging tiles (red clay Victorian tiles). There are no battens and the other tiles are fixed with nails going into the brick. I can’t find any nails that can penetrate the brick and hold the tiles , i tried different types and size. Is there a specific type of nails or a particular technique to fix the hanging tiles on a brick wall using perhaps adhesive or cement and in this case, is it ok not to have the tile mechanically fixed with a nail? I would be grateful for any advise and guidance !

Sponsored Links
Hi,

Only a diy'er, so this may not be the best idea! ;)
How big a section is it?
If it's only a few tiles, why not use traditional wall fixings - wall plugs and stainless steel screws?

Thank you, yes it is an option I have circa 30 tiles to fix , 2 holes per tile so 60 holes .may be less . i was hoping I could avoid this :)

Sponsored Links
If its your intention to hammer nails into bricks then you stand every chance of cracking the tile.
As above, plug & fix or use laths.

Without a pic its difficult to advise you further.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back