Has anyone used UK Flooring Direct?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
Not sure if its ok to ask for people's review's on here or not...but hopefully there are no issues in doing so, so here goes:

Has anyone used UK Flooring Direct? What was your experience of using them?

I'm looking to order this flooring, http://www.ukflooringdirect.co.uk/Solid_Wood/Florence_Solid_Rustic_Oak_90mm_Lacquered_Flooring.html.

Has anyone ordered this from UKFD? Were there lots of small pieces (i.e. <400mm)?

The flooring quality looks good from the samples I've received, my only concern is the varying lengths. I heard that typically lots of small pieces are supplied, though not sure if that's the same case with this specific product.

Thanks in advance.

N

Sponsored Links
Bound to have loads of small lengths - and if you look at the specifications I would not trust a product that has a 1.5% tolerance on the dimensions!

thanks Woodyoulike.

Sorry if I'm asking a stupid question...what are the dimension tolerances in relation to? i.e. lengths and widths? or just widths?

Also, what is an acceptable tolerance level?

Thanks,
N

all dimensions, so width, lengths and thickness.
1.5% is rather "wide" - our manufacturers/suppliers would keep a 0.5 - 1% tolerance.

Sponsored Links
Niji983

I just bought from uk flooring direct, was actually delivered this morning.

I went for the Florence solid rustic oak 150mm lacquered.

Having just a box, which contains 2.64 sq m, the shortest length is 350mm and there only appears to be 4 planks of this length in the first box. The rest are from 550 to 600 and 750' the longest is 1300.

I am assuming all packs will be the same!

To my untrained eye none of the plans appear to vary much in the width or the standard lengths, but I haven't measured them.

I am a firm believer in that you get what you pay for and I didn't think that this supplier was the cheapest, although not the most expensive either - appears to be good value!

Hi str,

thanks for the info.

I'd be keen to know how you get on with the other packs, and the results once the flooring is laid down.

I'm only going to be using this flooring in a small room (2.1m x 2.6m) but don't want the headache of poor quality.

I've only really looked online but most solid wood flooring ranges from £20-30 per sqm, which is reasonable.

I've no idea where I can find fixed length 90mm solid wood flooring!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back