has powercut affected central heating system controls?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, I've been recommended to ask this here. I'll give all the info I can, but it's not my heating system, I'm keeping an eye on the house for a friend. I don't have central heating myself, so it's a bit alien to me! I've tried looking in the instruction booklet, but it seems to be all to do with setting timer periods, and no troubleshooting.

I think there was a power cut on Sunday night, (the cooker timer was flashing unusually when I arrived Monday morning), and now the heating isn't working.

It's a Worchester Gas Greenstar 24i or 28i (the booklet is for both, can't see an id on the boiler itself). The controls are a Drayton Digistat +3 RF (not mobile, screwed to the wall), and a Drayton Digistat SCR on the wall next to the boiler (I assume that receives the signal from the thermostat and turns the boiler on). The boiler is working fine for hot water when I run a hot tap, but when I adjust the temperature up on the digistat control (in manual mode), as I've been doing everyday when I come in, the boiler doesn't come on and the heating isn't working. The flame symbol on the digistat control comes on, implying that it's asking for heat, but nothing happens. I've put new batteries in, in case, although the battery icon wasn't lit. I notice that the reciever unit has what looks like a light with 'on' next to it, but the light isn't lit. There are no warning lights of any sort showing on boiler or controls, as far as I can see.

Any idea what I should do? I'm loathe to press buttons at random on the receiver, or the boiler, especially as it's not my own system! My friend is back tomorrow, so I'd like to either fix it, or at least be able to let him know whether it's something that needs an expert to fix.

Thanks in advance, I hope I've provided anough information...

Sponsored Links
Thanks. That at least explains the green and red LEDs. But the red LED is neither flashing continously, or on continuously. Looks like I'll have to watch it for 5 minutes to see if it flashes for 7 seconds, like it says there... I've just done the trick of turning it down to see if it flashes to say it's recieved the instruction, but it didn't flash then either...

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back