Has this flashing been installed correctly please?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi I have had this flashing installed today by a local company and I am concerned that it has been installed incorrectly as well as looking very messy. However I have no experience so could somebody please advise? I had asked for it to replaced due to a leakage and showed the company my neighbours roof which looks like the second image which is nothing like the job they have done! Thank you in advance.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    286.4 KB · Views: 356
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    365.7 KB · Views: 361
Sponsored Links
Why does your neighbours window look pizzed?

Re your flashing, its a bit messy. Prob because its been dressed over lumpy pebbledashing.

I can see what has been dressed up first its all hidden.

your flashing looks messy as you say but it will work.

you show the neighbours vertical tile hanging at a vertical abutment but on your roof your flashing is at an abutment meeting pitched roof tiles. different animals.

the lengths of cover flashing are covering lead soakers under each plain tile course, thats correct - assuming the flashing is lipped into a 25mm deep channel cut in the abutment dashed brick.

theres a few other things in your photo if your intereted?

where the flashing and bottom course of tile meet the gutter you should have a "kick-out". google or utube it.

Sponsored Links
Looks like the edge of the roof is wavy so doesn't follow the straight edge of the flashing, hence some of the soakers are more exposed than others.

That said it is the correct placement of the soakers under the tiles that prevents the water leaking under the tiles.

All appears ok as other have said but impossible to be definitive without removing the tiles.

This video explains the practice and principles of correctly installing lead flashing and soakers on plain tile roof abutting a wall.

Blup

If there is an existing slot in the wall, or if they have cut a slot then yes. If not, no.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back