Hate Crime

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Why should they have the right at the expense of a woman wishing to use the facilities?
They are not denying anyone the uise of the facilities.
Strawman alert

But the prescence of a man wearing women's clothing will still be the issue.
When? A transwoman in a women's toilet?
How will you know? Guesswork?

Nonsense.
A well reasoned argument. Not what I've come to expect from you.

What are the rights that you think a man gains when he says "I am a woman?"
The same access to a safe space that is the main thrust of the anti trans argument. The right to use the correct pronouns, titles, the right to be married in their preferred sex/gender. Protection from discrimination.
I'm sure there's more.

Last edited:
They are not denying anyone the uise of the facilities.
Strawman alert
I did not say they were denying them, but simply expressing a wish to use the toilet without a man being present.
When? A transwoman in a women's toilet?
How will you know? Guesswork?
Easy enough to spot.
A well reasoned argument. Not what I've come to expect from you.
We live in a Democracy, which means the majority get their way. That's the way it works. Until a majority of people want to see men in dresses using a shared facility, then fair enough. When a majority of people wish to see men in leotards swimming against women, then fair enough. At the moment the majority of people don't want their children told they can be 'whatever they want to be' by trans gender folk with an agenda.
You may consider that to be unfair, but them's the breaks.
I think the law regarding cannabis is stupid, but it is what it is.
Suck it up.

Sponsored Links
I did not say they were denying them, but simply expressing a wish to use the toilet without a man being present.
There are cubicles in women's toilets. There's no good reason to share a cubicle with a stranger.

Easy enough to spot.
Is this based on your experience of spotting transwomen in women's toilets?
Assuming your not a woman, did no-one object to your presence?
How the world is changing!

We live in a Democracy, which means the majority get their way. That's the way it works.
Hence the legal protection of minorities' rights. :rolleyes:

That's not the way it works, obvioulsy. Otherwise there would be no protection for minorities' rights.
The representatives that make the laws are not required to act on the opinion of the majority of their electorate. that would be a different political system.

At the moment the majority of people don't want their children told they can be 'whatever they want to be' by trans gender folk with an agenda.
You may consider that to be unfair, but them's the breaks.
Hence the Equalities Act, to give legal protection to minorities' rights.
That's the law. You can break the law if you wish, but you will have to be prepared to face the consequences.

I think the law regarding cannabis is stupid, but it is what it is.
Suck it up.
No thanks, I don't use cannabis. I wouldn't use it even if it was legal.

Do you think he gives himself the right to go into a women's changing room?

Do you think he gives himself the right to compete in a women's sports league?

Do you think he gives himself the right to go to a women's salon and demand a bikini wax?

Do you think he gives himself the right to go onto a women-only committee on rape and sexual asault?

Do you think he gives himself the right to take up a position reserved for women in a political party?

Do you think he gives himself the right to live in a women's prison?

Do you think he gives himself the right to join a women's group and tell them what women think?

Your question is intentionnaly worded ambiguously.
Do you mean transwomen, or someone who says something like I am Santa Claus?
if someone claims to be someone or something that is impossible. Then it's quite obviously impossible for them to be that which they claim to be.

However, in the case of a man who decides to trans to a women, then it's perfectly feasible, legal and understandable.

But someone can't say today, I am a woman, then tomorrow claim to not be a woman.

Your argument and questions are based on a false, ambiguous premise. They are intended to obfuscate the issue.

So please explain exactly what you mean when you ask:
Do you mean what are the rights of a transwoman?
I have already answered that question because I was assuming you were being genuine. But now I suspect you are phrasing your questions to obfuscate the issue, with your latest incarnation of questions.

for example, your first question:
Do you think he gives himself the right to go into a women's changing room?
He doesn't give himslef the right to do anything. As a transwomen, her rights are enshrined in law.
Unless the space has been determined as a specific single-sex space, then it may be possible to exclude her, under certain conditions, which we have already discussed, e.g. the GRC, the 'sex' lable applied, etc.
But transwomen cannot be summarily excluded on a whim or a suspicion. (It would need Odds to spot them ;) )

I'm not sure what you hope to gain by repeatedly asking the same questions.

Do you mean transwomen, or someone who says something like I am Santa Claus?
if someone claims to be someone or something that is impossible. Then it's quite obviously impossible for them to be that which they claim to be.

My question is not ambiguous.

A man is not a woman, and does not become one by saying "I am a woman,"

So yes, as you say, it is just like someone saying "I am Santa Claus"

So which of the rights I mentioned do you think a man can bestow on himself by making such a claim?

As I've said before I like to think I'm broadly a live and let live kind of person. However I've also said I do struggle with some of this gender stuff.

For those who genuinely feel they need to transition, of course they should be supported in that. It's the more dubious scenarios I have no time for. e.g. Bob, who's a criminal and has been caught doing whatever, suddenly decides he's Brenda, throws on a wig and expects to be treated as a woman ... and to a large extent will be.

I'm mixed race with darkish skin. If I didn't like looking mixed race and there was a treatment I could have to look Caucasian and I had said treatment and it was successful ... I'm not Caucasian. I'm still a mixed race person who's had a treatment to look Caucasian.

The situation we now find ourselves in with politicians etc struggling to define was a woman is farcical, as is the disgraceful treatment of folk like JK Rowling who stand up for (real) women's rights.

A man is not a woman, and does not become one by saying "I am a woman,"
A man does not become Santa Claus by saying, I am Santa Claus.
Your statement is nonsense.
It doesn't matter how many times you keep repeating your statement, it will still be nonsense.

So yes, as you say, it is just like someone saying "I am Santa Claus"
And, ipso facto, they don't become Santa Claus.

So which of the rights I mentioned do you think a man can bestow on himself by making such a claim?
A man does not bestow rights upon himself.
As I explained before, and I'll continue to explain for as long as you keep repeating your question based on a false premise, rights are enshrined in law, treaties, Charters, etc. We can't bestow rights upon ourselves. I can't bestow rights upon myself to enter the King's Bedchamber.
Rights are determined by Acts of Parliament, by ECHR, UN Charters, Magna Carter, etc.

However, a man can change gender. They are normally referred to as a trans woman, when we want to differentiate between someone who was assigned the label at birth, and someone who was not.
Then their rights are enshrined in law.

As I've said before I like to think I'm broadly a live and let live kind of person. However I've also said I do struggle with some of this gender stuff.

For those who genuinely feel they need to transition, of course they should be supported in that. It's the more dubious scenarios I have no time for. e.g. Bob, who's a criminal and has been caught doing whatever, suddenly decides he's Brenda, throws on a wig and expects to be treated as a woman ... and to a large extent will be.
You've been hoodwinked by the anti trans activists, dog whistle headlines.
Of the potentially 4,500,000 transgender people in UK, there have been one oe two cases of criminals adopting the ruse as you described.
In any population it shouldn't come as a surprise that there will be a few criminals.
Sometimes it's the people who are placed in a position of responsibility that are the abusers. E.g.
Victims of sexual violence who are incarcerated are most likely to be assaulted by jail or prison staff.
In jail or prison, 60% of all sexual violence against inmates is perpetrated by the institution’s staff.
It looks to me that the prison staff are more dangerous than any transgender prisoners.
I suspect any statistics for childrens homes, churches, etc would also show that the people who are supposed to be the responsible adults are more likely to be worst offenders by a country mile than any transgender people.
The anti trans activists will use scare stories to foment hatred against trans gender people. They have no worries about prison, childrens' homes', churches' staff being the worst offenders. They have used the usual ploy of adopting an issue to further their own agenda.

I'm mixed race with darkish skin. If I didn't like looking mixed race and there was a treatment I could have to look Caucasian and I had said treatment and it was successful ... I'm not Caucasian. I'm still a mixed race person who's had a treatment to look Caucasian.
Your analogy is not relevant. There is no colour bar of any sort. If there were legal colour bars, your analogy might be applicable.

The situation we now find ourselves in with politicians etc struggling to define was a woman is farcical, as is the disgraceful treatment of folk like JK Rowling who stand up for (real) women's rights.
J K Rowling is an anti trans activist. That means she denies the existence of transwomen.
What would you call someone who argues that dark skinned people should be denied the rights of others?
(It's not a good analogy, just following your lead.)

J K Rowling is an anti trans activist. That means she denies the existence of transwomen.
What would you call someone who argues that dark skinned people should be denied the rights of others?
(It's not a good analogy, just following your lead.)
J.K. Rowling

@jk_rowling

If sex isn’t real, there’s no same-sex attraction. If sex isn’t real, the lived reality of women globally is erased. I know and love trans people, but erasing the concept of sex removes the ability of many to meaningfully discuss their lives. It isn’t hate to speak the truth.

11:02 PM · Jun 6, 2020

A man does not become Santa Claus by saying, I am Santa Claus.

I'm glad we found something you can grasp.

In the same way, a man does not become a woman by saying "I am a woman"

If a transwomen feel more comfortable using a women's only space, in preference to being forced to share a toilet with other men, then they should have that right.
Would you not also agree then that; if a woman feels more comfortable using a women's only space, in preference to being forced to share a toilet with other men, then they should have that right.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back