head of pressure for CH system

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
How much higher than the highest radiator does the expansion tank need to be in a pumped CH system? I'm thinking it only needs to be a foot or so but prefer not to guess. Anyone with advice?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
all depends what the makers of the boiler specify, there all different.

Its a Potterton Kingfisher Mf - no doubt more details are inside.
Obviously the water level in the tank needs to be above the top of the highest radiator.

Installation Instructions say that the water level must be between 300mm and 30m (1ft to 100ft) above the flow connection of the boiler; which probably does not help a lot. :)

Pump manufacturers usually say that the level should be at least 1m above the pump inlet. Provided you meet all three criteria, you should be OK.

Sponsored Links
Thanks

The boiler & pump is on the ground floor & the radiator in question will be on the 2nd floor (loft room) so I just need to move the expansion tank to be higher up the loft room wall than the radiator...but on opposite sides of the wall :)

The boiler & pump is on the ground floor & the radiator in question will be on the 2nd floor (loft room) so I just need to move the expansion tank to be higher up the loft room wall than the radiator...but on opposite sides of the wall :)
Yes. Which side of the wall is irrelevant - provided it is accessible . ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back