header tank platform

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,
I'm tidying up the water tanks / cylinder / boiler and putting a shower in.
Does anybody have a plan for the platform that I could build to hold the header tank in the loft?

Whilst my plan says "buy some timber and nails then fix together" this is a bit too simple for me. So, recommendations for timber size, spread over how many joists, stability issues etc would be really helpful.

TIA
Pres

Sponsored Links
Assuming you haven't purchased a new one, could you take a trip to B&Q or your local merchant, find one the same size, and sneak a look at the fitting recommendations, etc?

A bit of old 3/4 plywood across 2 joists is good enough for most people. I's only a header tank after all and doesn't need to weigh more than 20 lbs in operation.

Is there some compelling reason that means it has to be raised up? Or are you talking about the cold water storage tank which at over 1/4 of a ton is a different kettle of fish (or dead pigeons in some cases)?

Sponsored Links
If it is a small header tank for the heating system then fine.

If it is a large tank for hot water then you need something more substantial - ours is appox 1m dia by 600mm or so high so will weigh getting on for half a ton full.

What size is the tank/tanks?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back