Heat Bank Thermal Stores - Anyone Got Any Experience?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I like most other corgis, spend most of my time installing combis or converting old systems to combis. Also, like most other corgis I wouldn't feel 100% happy having one in my own home.

I was looking at the heat bank system the other day and whilst I know zip about them, they certainly look impressive.

Anyone got one or know anything about them? especially with regard to volumes of DHW and resulting heat loss from the store?

The comparison link is here http://www.heatweb.com/editorials/heatbanks/compare1.htm

Sponsored Links
been installing systems for 24yrs & dont realy like combis. Thermal store are ok & will do the job but take up a lot of space and a large volume of water & inhibiter to treat. Usally open vent which can be a pain. (In my opinion i would allways prefer a sealed htg system with stainless steel mains fed store like an OSO or megaflow. Minimum requierments are 2.2 bar pressue on the water main & a 25mm supply to houce with a 22mm supply to the cylinder. ) THAT IS ONLY MY OPINION though.It depends on the house demand & budget if this system is compatable.got customer with a combi with poor water pressure so fitted him a 66" x18" low pressure cylinder fitted s plan controls to the boiler then fitted a Stuart Turner 3.5 bar pump for his new bathroom installation & the combi only feeds hot water to the ensuite .

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back