Heat Exchanger for 105e Baxi instant

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
my flow rate is quit low i search around they told me i need a heat exchanger or cleaning. i just want to find out is it good to clean it or good to replace it. if the cleaning is the good option. could you let me know is it good to take it out the heat exchanger and clean it. or if it good that not to take it out the heat exchanger and just powerflush the system. could you let me know the best chemical for this job. i know there is a lots of them around i don't know which one is the best effective one.
thank you for your help.

Sponsored Links
Boiler make and model would help.

What's the water pressure like in the mains.

thank you for a quick response.
it Baxi 105e instant
and the flow rate is about 6 litre per minute

6l pm ain't gonna set the world alight fella

what prune fitted a combi :eek:

you can clean them out kettle descaler or ds 3 (with care) or primary side ds40

but they used to be cheap enough to just replace ;)

Sponsored Links
You may well find that its just your plate heat ex is full of debris. Word of warning!!!! if you are doing this yourself be very careful to make sure you have FULLY emptied the boiler.

Kev,

DS40!

Belt and braces for that approach my friend!

Paul.

PS. May be worthwhile getting inlet, burner and gas rate checked by RGI before stripping & descaling random parts of blr.
Check your M.I. Think your flow rate for this is around 11l/min

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back