heat pump running costs

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i have grant air source heat pump and ufh in a new house my heating bill for last three months was £500 this seems high to me, i am on econmy 10 price plan, i had heating on all the time during this period, i have now set heating to come on only on the cheap tarrif times is this the correct way to set heating

Sponsored Links
air sourced heat pump is no cheaper than gas heating unless you use off peak electric
the ratio is approximately 3 to 1 with gas being a similar ratio in other words you get 3kw off heat from gas per 15p and 1kw electric per 15p
with air sourced your 1kw15p electric gives you 3kw off heat as a ratio of 3 to1

if its not set up properly or undersized it will be a fa worse ration and cost far more

if you are running during the summer then you have the running cost with little gain

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back