Heat resistant doors

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have built a brick (non structural) archway fireplace, I have an arch on the front and rear of the chimney breast. I decided it would be wise to allow access to the rear for maintenance etc.

The rear arch is in the rarely used dining room, my intention was to install some 'vermiculite board' doors, or a removable vermiculite panel. I have since learned that it is too brittle a material to mount on hinges, or even to have as a removable panel.

Any ideas what I can use? in accordance with the building regulations it can't be a combustible material, so NO wooden doors! I thought a mirrored panel would look good from the living room side, but not sure how well it would stand the heat.

Front:

Rear:

Sponsored Links
how about getting some old style black metal doors made up to fit?..that would look smart.

Yeah thanks, I'll look into that. Not many other options really!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back