Heating comes on when HW ONLY selected - suggestions?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Since moving to our house two years ago we have had the old problem of the CH coming on when the HW ONLY is selected and the thermostat is turned down.

I took advice and replaced the old Potterton EP2000 controller with a Horstmann and then replaced the 3-Port Valve with a Honeywell Sundial Y-Plan motorised 3-Port Valve and still no change and all three pipes to the valve still get hot.

Seco Services on a similar thread on here suggested it could be 'crud in the pipes' but when I swapped the valves around it seemed all clear.

I'm at a loss as to what it could be and am fearful (of costs) if it is a wiring fault somewhere.

Any suggestions/advice would be really appreciated. It's ridiculously hot this weekend and we've got the heating on too :oops: [/code]

Sponsored Links
so you have a brand new 3 port valve and its passing on the heating side when only hw on ?

who told you to replace the programmer ?

Thanks for responding so quickly.

yes the new Honeywell is behaving the same as the old one passing the hot water through the CH pipe when the HW is on.

An acquaintance suggested changing the programmer (he's a Corgi reg. plumber who although is a nice guy I don't think I'd let him loose in our home).

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back