Heating control display blank. Heating will not come on.

Ona basic system like yours I would put the pump as prime suspect for blowing fuses.

Have you noticed any leaks or drips onto anything remotely electrically operated?

Sponsored Links
Just re-checked. There is a bit of dark seapage from what looks like a valve which is directly above the pump. There is a bleed (?) screw above it and the seaping is coming form there.

The top of the pump isn't wet but, it is a little stained ontop and over to the electrics box on the side.

Is what I call a bled screw actually some sort of tap as there is one either side of the pump ? I'm assuming these are to isolate the pump to save draining the system to change the pump ?

Do I need a new valve (and if so, what's it called) ? Will the pump need replacing too or will it dry out and be OK ?

How do I drain the system or will I get away with using "Freeze Spray" I have seen in DIY shops ?

Sorry for so many questions. If it was a car I'd know whan I'm doing but, heating systems are new to me :D

The leaky bit above the pump is the spindle of the isolating valve. If you tighten the gland nut below it it should stop leaking.

The pump may well dry out, but if you have to replace it just close the two isolating valves and undo the big nuts (actually this is often very difficult - you may need some seriously big water pump pliers).

Sponsored Links
Thanks Chris. The water is seaping out the slot for closing the valve though so I assume the seal there has broken down ? So I'll need to change this.

Hiw do I drain it all down or can I use a freeze spray above it to same me having to do that ?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back