Heating not working as it should

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, we have our heating split across 2 levels - we can control the heating for each floor.

On the Horstmann panel in the middle, there are 3 settings - heating upstairs, heating downstairs and water. I leave the heating settings on all the time, but the water is on a timer.

My understanding is that our combi-boiler provides water to the heating and water to our megaflow.

The issue we are having is that when the water setting is ON the Horstmann panel, the heating system does not work at all when turned on from the Salus thermostat.

If I turn OFF water setting on the Horstmann panel, and turn ON both the upstairs and downstairs heating from the Salus thermostats - the heating system does not work.

If I turn ON upstairs heating from the Salus thermostat, but not the downstairs thermostat - then the heating upstairs works fine and vice versa.

I don't understand why all 3 do not all work at the same time. It appears the water takes priority, and the heating only works if it is turned on individually for each floor.

We've had the system magnacleansed as we though there was a blockage. But it does not appear to have fixed the issue.

Do you any suggestions for what the problem could be?

Attachments

• 20231111_143659.jpg
    20231111_143659.jpg
    133 KB · Views: 37
Sponsored Links
First of all you do not have a Combi boiler as you stated, it could be that your system is wired PDHW (priority domestic hot water) if it is the heating wont come on until the HW cylinder is satisfied

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back