heating not working

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi all, hope someone can help,i have inherited a baxi wm40irs,my guess is it is quite old,was working fine,thought i would put some sludge remover in the system and was adivised to leave in for 2weeks,2days later the heating side of system stopped working,the domestic hotwater is ok nice and hot,i dont think the heating pump is working but is very hot,it is a twin pump system 2comet smc pumps,can anyone help please :confused: thanx

Sponsored Links
Was the system drained, or partially drained, before adding the cleaner?

If so, did the person who refilled it check that it filled correctly, i.e. that there was no blockage on the cold feed?

just emptied about a bucket of water out of the system and bleed rads and heating system was working for approx 2 days. Small water tank in loft is full but not sure that heating pump is working.

igp45 said:
just emptied about a bucket of water out of the system
It's important to understand how you did this. Drain off cock, or cup and bucket?

Small water tank in loft is full...
Hm, yes, but did water pass from F&E cistern into the system?

Sponsored Links
I find it boring to ask the same question three times, so I'm going to leave this for someone else to have a go instead.

One pump does the HW an one does the central heating check this pump is working

ch pump is not working,but i cannot seperate the 2 pumps,so it looks like i will have to replace the hw pump as well,any idea's

Grunfoss do the same configuration it`s called pump plan and avialable from plumb centre code 14400 cost around 120 plus vat.. And will need a bit of alteration to existing connections... But if one of pumps plays up in the future the head can just be changed..

thanx for that,i may just bite the bullet and replace with vallaint combi boiler,thanx for that

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back