Heating problem with a Baxi105e

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I've got a Baxi105e which has recently had a new circuit board fitted. I've just noticed that when you put the CH on it only reached 40 degrees no matter how you have the control dial set. The water temp works fine however you set the dial but the CH wont. Dont know if this is a fault on the new board or the temp sensor?

Does anyone have any ideas.

Cheers
Dunc

Sponsored Links
Was the gas valve set min/max on heating and hot water after pcb fitted?

its possible the knob is broken or not located into the pot on the board

The Gas valve was left as was when the PCB was installed, it wasnt touched during the replacement and worked fine before it was swapped.

You can turn the heating down from the 40 degrees to 20 or off by turning the knob so I assume the knob is working ok.

Cheers

Sponsored Links
Ignoring temp . Does the heating knob turn all the way from zero to full .

Yes the heating knob turns fine from 0 to full.

Its set to full now so the temperature is running at 40 deg. If I turn it down to between 3/4 and half the temp drops to 30 deg, turn down to 1/4 then 20 deg to off.

pretty sure the potentiometers have no stops on these boards (can turn 360 degrees) , just on the knobs. the knob may be set wrong in the pot, did this once the other way round so that if u turned it past half it overheated!

just a case of removin the board turnin the knob back and puttin it back

Thats what it sounds like to me to ,but usually you only get about half the travel on the knob

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back