Problematic Baxi105e

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all , first post on this forum , have been a long time lurker , some great info and reading here . But now have a need to post . Be gentle

Some background .
My boiler is a Baxi105e . Its the only gas appliance in the house .
The CH works fine , always has . The stat calls for heat and the heat cometh.
The HW on the other hand is tempramental . We get about 15 seconds of hot water (but not so hot that you can't keep a hand under it , even with the boiler set to max) and then the gas cuts out . It then cuts back in , and then out again . Never reaching the original temp when first turned on . In the time I have been in this house , its never been right , although not as bad as it is now . The flow rate from the bath mixer is about 10l/min, under the boiler max I believe . The boiler itself has been serviced a couple of times , this problem was pointed out at both servicings but no solution was forthcoming , and had had the whole diverter valve replaced (not just the diaphram, although that appears to have failed again ( towel radiator getting warm when DHW running) .

Couple of other points .
-I get no fault lights blinking at all . the lights come on when they should and off when they should
-I live in a hard water area ( could the H/EX be scaled up ?)
-The HW control on the front of the boiler seems to have very little control over the output temp , but when turned all the way down there is no HW

I know its going to result in a Corgi Engineer call out , but if I could get an idea of what might actually be wrong it would be great

Cheers
John

Sponsored Links
could the H/EX be scaled up
Yes, primary(boiler) side, not so likely tap water side.

10l/min is correct ( to give you hot enogh water for a bath.)

Clean or replace the secondary heat exchanger - not too expensive for thise iirc. :p

Do a search on sludge, powerflush, magnaclean ...

Worth checking the sensor too.

Cheers Chris , I thought that might be the case .Have been doing a lot of reading before posting . Have got a guy coming out tomorrow . Have also checked out the Magnaclean / boilerbuddy info . Its funny , I have searched baxi / 105e often , but couldn't see anything similar , search for Magnaclean and i find another baxi with a similar problem :LOL: but with no HW at all . We are not to that point yet

Thanks

John

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back