heating problem

Sponsored Links
Well yes but i should not have had to do it all in 1st place , i still have No copy of there Calcs using Mear , but i will go with my gut feeling and as the new rads almost match Stars Im Happy , sometimes when in a fight ya have to know when not to insist on knowing who was correct

They balanced my Rads using a proper set up it made almost no effect on flow and return , but unless im going mad the whole flat feels more even now Not hotter just beitter

Even tho the boiler is fully automatic range rating it has def helped in flow and retrurn and way system works , ok it takes a bit longer for rads to be red hot but it def seams to hold a better range on flow and return temps and once you up to temp the whole system seams to work better and heats up more evenly

It will be very interesting to see if new rads will get me a 75/55 flow and return , i kind of think it wont the drop i would need in return even with correct rads i cant see that happening , but i think i may not have to run flow at 75 with new rads

I will post my results after new rads are fitted , they will also carry out a new flush of system and a new balance and a full service

One thing i noticed theres a lot of confusion on this flow and return temp on a lot of sites , in uk im told we work on 11c which is 20F and in europe the setting are different , but everyone only quotes C

but from what i can tell the temps of flow and return under boiler are def 2-3c under what the read out shows on d40 and d41 and after speaking to valinat Tec and they train there installers to use the read out only ,If i was a heating installer i would take time to record the actual flow and return

the real end to this will be my readings after new rads fitted and how system works in real life

Ps the new rads are a 25% upgrade on Mears calcs , as they still maintain mears was correct

Facts are using Mear i was cold

just to bring this post to an end , finally got new rads of correct size today and they match the sizes everyone and me worked out they should be EXCEPT MEAR , I know its warm outside but flat now gets upto correct Temp and heat is very even over every room so im happy as i can now put heating on leave doors open and whole flat is same temp As it should be

On a Tec front they still even with bigger rads could only get a max of 7c on the read out of flow and return on the ecotec display thats with boiler at max 75c , they balanced rad reset boiler reset gas ect ect , i do remmber the readings using there digi thermomitor on the flow and return pipes under boiler were 2-3 degrees difference from display so that makes a difference of 10-11c on flow and return

so quite how valient expect to get a flow 75 and return 55c ill never know and thats what tec support told me readout should disply, but its now all working as it should , i guess dont fit a (23kw) boiler with (19Kw) for heating with 5Kw of rads , who knows

I guess it will never run at its best but im happy i can now be warm

Did have a slight hick up with my gas saftey check and service LOL service check co2 that was it, they tried to set it under 160 on co2 meter when valient recomend 250 so i had luke warm hot water for a time , but sorted in end , but dose make ya think about a gas saftey check you would expect them to know settings and not me have to point them out

thanks all

Tezz

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back