Heating staying on when room stat turned down

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
I'm after a bit of advice, I have a Logic heat 12 boiler with a Hortsman centaurplus 27 programmer and a Danfoss HSA3 motorized valve. with a Newlec room stat.

I'm not sure if something has gone wrong with it? I have both Heating & Hot water. when i turn the room stat down the radiators are still hot. the whole system including programmer and valve is about a year old it was working fine over last winter, we have had the heating off since May, and now we have decided to start using it again this issue has arrived.
The room stat turns down and click off, turn it up and there is no click but the blue light comes on to indicate its calling for heat. I use to be able to hear to motorized valve move from time to time (not sure when it happened just heard it if i was upstairs). I have got the programmer set up on the *ALL DAY* setting.
I can move the lever on top of the motorized valve from *AUTO* to *MANUAL* and it moves freely. (no resistance is that correct??) Also when i use to hear the motorized valve move where does it move to and from? (as its over in the AUTO position)

If anyone could give me a little help or idea of what to do or try that will be fantastic

Cheers

Sponsored Links
Hi
i looked at the sticky valve, i think its the motorized valve as i cant hear anything working, when i move the lever the opens and closes the valve its only the lever that moves. (not the middle bit that the lever sits in). which im guessing will result in the lever being in the position as u see in the picture and not operating correctly

my lever is on the top of the motorized valve but on the other side of the box it has hot water up arrow and heating down arrow. can you tell me which way i have to turn the valve in the first picture so i turn it to hot water only? (my valve is vertical but the plate with info on is horizontal).

20160918_091314[1].jpg

20160918_091405[1].jpg

Sponsored Links
With cylinder is bit cold, put hot water only on the programmer, remove valve head off the base, the level should be at hot water side, otherwise the head is faulty.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back