Heating stays on

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
When my central heating is turned of the rads stay on up stairs, they only go off when i turn the hot water off. :rolleyes:

I have a baxi 551 back boiler and one of those round dial timers. (timer to the right and 2 switches c/h top h/w bottom) Theres also a therm control on the wall in the living room but that only seems to control the heating down stairs.

I am a bit :confused: by this.

I would be greatfull for any help. :D

Sponsored Links
Hot water (supplied for the HW cylinder) is escaping round the CH pipes.

If you have an electric valve (3-way or similar) it might be worn out.

Is your system fully pumped, or gravity feed to the cylinder?

If you post a few pics of the pump, valves and pipes round the cylinder we may recognise it.

A Baxi back boiler suggests quite an old system. Has it recently started doing this, or as long as you've lived there?

There's an ex Servowarm system 300 metres from me which was "designed" like that. Upstairs rads always come on with the HW!

Sounds to me like gravity system with faulty or missing null flow valve (or dumb ball) whatever you call them

Sponsored Links
JohnD said:
Is your system fully pumped, or gravity feed to the cylinder?

The answer to that is pass ain't got a clue :!:

What am i looking for and how do i find out? That also applies to the elec
valve. :confused:

Been in the house about a year and its always been same, thought its about time i found out if it should be like that![/quote]

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back