Heating system fails after removal of radiator

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi!

I have removed a radiator from the system. I will eventuallt reconnect it once I have moved the wall it was on.

In the meantime I wanted to turn my heating back on.

I refilled the system with water, bleeded all radiators and turned the heating back on (mains). After a few minutes the system shut down and there is no heat coming from the radiators, nor is there any hot water.

I have shut the system off again, let it stand and when I turned it back on again - nothing!

I have noticed that the pump (located next to water tank in aering cupboard) is very hot.

Any ideas - other than calling a plumber?

Oh, it's a gravity fed system, not a closed pressurised system.

Should I have connected the two pipes where there was a radiator?

Cheers for your help,
Chris

Sponsored Links
no you dont have to connect the two pipes together unless its a very old and rare one pipe system which i doubt :confused: sounds like you have an air lock have you bled the pump :?: are the pipes either side of the pump getting hot :?:

doitall said:
and the boiler is :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:
It's a Saunier Duval Xeon 40 FF ... and only the first diagnostic light is one. (the one on the right out of the row of 4).

Sponsored Links
gazthepottertonengineer said:
no you dont have to connect the two pipes together unless its a very old and rare one pipe system which i doubt :confused: sounds like you have an air lock have you bled the pump :?: are the pipes either side of the pump getting hot :?:
not bled the pump. How do I do this? The pipes are modeately hot, only from the pump I think!

gazthepottertonengineer said:
fitz1 said:
possibly a one pipe system.
It's a 2 year old house so I doubt it's a one pipe system?!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back